Tuesday, September 4, 2012

10 important questions you MUST answer to test your DREAM.

1. Is my dream really my dream? If you want to achieve your dream, you
must "own" it. It must be yours, not your parents', teachers', or
anyone else's. If the achievement of a dream is not
of great importance to YOU, it's unlikely that you will do what's
required to accomplish it.

2. Do I clearly see my dream? What does it look like? The more
specific you are on what your dream looks like, the more likely you
will be to achieve it. This is one of the reasons I encourage people
to cut out images of their "big" goals and dreams, create a
collage, and look at it regularly. At first you may only see a piece
of your dream; but each day as you move closer, the clearer it will become.

3. Am I depending on things within my control? This is when you have
to be honest with yourself and determine if reaching your dream is
within your control. Are you depending on others? If so, who? Do you
have the talent, skill or ability to make it come true? If not, can
you develop what you are lacking?

4. Do I have the energy to achieve it? This is the passion question.
Think of your last great accomplishment. How much energy did it
require of you? Is your dream important enough to you that you will
put forth the energy necessary over the time period required?

5. Do I have a strategy? I see very few people who take the time to
put together a "real" plan to reach their goals. I am often left
in awe, wondering, "How do you think you can achieve your goal without
putting together a plan?" A plan outlines the things you must do in a
prioritized sequence to achieve your desired outcome.

6. Who do I have around me that can help me? Dr. Maxwell said, "A
nightmare is a big dream with a bad team." Who's on your team to
support, encourage, and help you? If you don't have the right people
on your team, identify people you admire and respect; then determine
how they can help you.

7. Am I willing to pay the price? This is when you have a gut check
and ask yourself, "Am I willing to do what is required of me to see
my dream come true?" The bigger your dream, the more it will require
of you. Are you willing to put forth the effort, overcome the
obstacles, and deal with the disappointments that you will face on
your journey?

8. Am I moving closer? This is the tenacity question. Am I closer to
reaching my dream today than I was yesterday? Was I closer yesterday
than the day before? Look at your "To Do" lists over the last week and
identify the steps you have taken toward your dream.

9. Does working toward my dream bring satisfaction? If you are not
growing and developing yourself in the pursuit of your dream, it may
be time to identify a new one. Your journey must be fulfilling.

10. Does my dream benefit others? If so, Who? Why? If your dream is
all about your selfish desires, it's unlikely that it will ever be
realized. Zig Ziglar, the most recognized sales trainer in American
history, said, "When you help enough other people get what they want,
you will have everything you want."

No comments:

Post a Comment